Friday, May 31, 2013

In Sweet Remembrance of Mama

I've had my Mama on my mind all day and I've worked on this post off and on all day.  Not sure what I really wanted to say but knowing that I wanted to in some way make it about her.  So as I sat here wondering what to write it occurred to me that flowers have special meanings and so I set off in search of the meaning of Periwinkles.  After a short search I found out they can represent, fidelity, spiritual harmony or sweet remembrance.  So, I post these simple but beautiful Periwinkles in remembrance of my Mama who passed away eighteen months ago this past Sunday May 26.  It's hard to believe it's been that long.  She was an amazing Mother and friend and is loved and missed beyond measure.  I wish there was something more (meaning better) that I could do for her than just post some flower photos.  

The Periwinkles are from my sisters planter garden.






 

"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree.  The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”  ~Rose Kennedy

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday night and a fantastic weekend. 

Until next time...

Cindy

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful remembrance blog of your dear Mama, Cindy.
    I know that you love and miss her very much.
    Gentle hugs to you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. I do miss her!

      Hugs,
      Cindy

      Delete
  2. Cindy, lovely tribute to you Mama. Your flowers are gorgeous! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen. I wish I could do something more than just post some flowers for her. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. You really created a beautiful tribute to your mom in words and photos. Very loving. You must've had a special relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail. She was the best! I wish I could do something more than just post photos.

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful tribute to a very special lady. My Mama has been gone many years,but I still miss her.That is how it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth. I've posted about Mama before. I'm sure I'll post about her again on her birthday, Thanksgiving, the two year anniversary and Christmas. I guess it helps me. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. A lovely tribute to you mom.
    You are blessed to have had such a wonderful mom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She was an amazing Mom and I feel very blessed to have had her. Have a happy week.

      Delete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for visiting. ~Cindy :)