Friday, January 13, 2012

Bibles, Birds, Skies and Candles

Wow!  The weekend is already here and the weather has turned cold.  Today was not an exceptional day by anyone's standards but I did finally find my old Blackberry Pearl cell phone.  I was using it for the music that I have stored on the media card.  I can't tell you how much hair I lost looking for it over the past three weeks. Okay, so I didn't really lose any hair but it was very irritating and frustrating.   Packing is going well.   The house is almost empty with the exception for my Dad's room and my bedroom, the dining table and my Dad's TV and chair.  There are a few odds and ends to pack as well as the kitchen.  Most of the stuff, furniture, what-knots will go into storage until we find another home.  We'll be taking only what we really need to my sisters.  Which if you know me - that's everything I own.  Okay, I'm just kidding.  It's not everything but close.  I haven't had much time to go out and take photos but I did find a couple or so ones on the hard drive and I took some with my Android phone so I thought I'd share those with you.



This is just a little photo of some of my bibles.  Don't ask me why I felt the need to take a photo of them but I did.  I then added a window and aged effect to it along with a frame.  This photo is taken with the Android and the effects came from an app called LittlePhoto.  It's a cool little app that I'm going to enjoy messing around with.  Can't wait to see what other little goodies it has to offer.



This photo of a Mockingbird was taken awhile back.  Not the best photo but I like it. I think they have a lot of guts these little birds and they are very tenacious.  They fight the hawks with not one ounce of fear or at least it seems that way.



You must forgive me but I can't remember if this is a sunrise or a sunset.  All I can quote is, "Every sunset is also a sunrise. It all depends on where you stand". ~ Karl Schmidt.  I used this quote on a photo of a sunrise in a previous post.  I guess I knew that but never really thought of it that way.  This photo has a canvas texture applied to it. 




And last but by no means least - a little memorial scene setup for my Mom who passed away on November 26, 2011.  We keep a candle burning near her urn when we are home.  The only time it isn't lit is when we are asleep or gone.  The urn is in the back with the praying hands.  The chicken was one of her favorites.  The flame on the candle gets quite high and the wick has to be cut back.  Can you say "fire hazard".  Oh, and this was also taken with the Android but the frame I did on the computer.  Miss you Mom more than anything and each day seems harder than the one before.  Does it ever get easier?  I love you Mom!

Well, that's about it for today.  I will share a little bit of news with you that I think I'm excited about.  As some of you know I am jobless.  It's still hard here in Florida to find jobs, even after you've graduated with a degree, as I'm sure it is everywhere else.  Anyway, I've decided to apply to become a substitute teacher.  I've always wanted to teach but I have a real difficult time speaking publicly but thought why not give it a chance.  So, please wish me luck.  I'll let you know how things go.

Until next time.  Have a wonderful weekend and remember...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.  So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover."  ~Mark Twain

4 comments:

  1. Cindy....I've sent you two or three e-mails in the past few days; I'm not sure if you are getting them. This is a beautiful blog. I didn't know that you and your Dad were moving until I read your last e-mail to me. I replied...but not sure if you got it. I am thinking of you. Know that. I hope that I can contact you....
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie, the last email I got was regarding you not being able to post comments. I did reply to that one and I also replied to another email that I don't think you got. I wish we didn't have to move but unless I get a job in the next week or so we have no choice. Happy Saturday. How's your Mama?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am quite sure that my e-mails are being diverted....somehow. Not sure why or how.
    I've sent several that haven't gotten to you, I know.
    Yes, please, e-mail me.
    Mama isn't feeling well, Cindy. Thank you for your prayers for her....
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it does get easier. My dad died in 1999 and though I still miss him lots, I have so many happy memories that make me smile.
    Good luck with the teaching job. : ) Who knows maybe you will discover you were meant to be a teacher!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for visiting. ~Cindy :)